Our Adoption Journey:
The timeline to adopt from the Congo takes approximately 12 months, so by March 2013, we could potentially have our two kiddos! Here is the outline of the journey as it continues to unfold….
- February 14, 2012: We made the official decision to adopt! What better day to make this decision than on the day ‘O love?! We had been contemplating and researching for a while, but we decided to move forward and prepare our application.
- February 23, 2012: We submitted our adoption application to Lifeline Children’s Services for the Congo program.
- March 1, 2012: Our adoption application was accepted and we were one of the families chosen to participate in the Congo program!
- March 29, 2012: First meeting with our social worker at Hope’s Promise. We officially started our home study process!!
- April 13-14, 2012: Two-day Hague adoption training with Hope’s Promise.
- August 31, 2012: Home Study was officially approved by our agencies. Now, we are on the waiting list to receive our “referrals” which is when they will match us with our kiddos! Can’t wait to see those little faces!
- November 16, 2012: Moved to TN to be closer to family. Because of our move, we have to get a Home Study update. Thankfully it’s not near as intense as the original one, but still necessary to move forward.
- December 6, 2012: Home Study update complete. Still on the waiting list. Waiting for that phone to ring any day now.
- December 12, 2012: Received our 4th adoption grant from Show Hope. This grant completed our fundraising for the adoption!! Previous grants were from JSC Foundation, Families Outreach and Lifesong for Orphans.